Hi! I’m Brandi Michel and I’m totally crazy about my family! I’ve been happily married for 15 years to my best friend in the whole wide world and have 3 awesome (understatement of the year) kids ranging in ages from 10 to almost 2.
I’m truly grateful. But the truth is, being married and raising children can be down-right hard, sometimes. And it was for me until I learned to tap into the power of joy which changed EVERYTHING.
No, I didn’t learn anything weird or spooky. I just FINALLY understood that my main obstacle was my thinking. I was overwhelmed with life and didn’t know how to manage being a wife, a mother to 3 small children, running 2 businesses with my husband, and being active in ministry in my church. I was T.I.R.E.D.
But it was through learning that my life and my ability to enjoy it; is my choice and responsibility. I’ve also learned that the only way to live my “best” life (not the lesser one I often defaulted to) is to live life on purpose, with purpose, for purpose. In other words, intentionally living my life each and every day with the aim of not just enduring but really living and enjoying this life.
And this journey of mine is why I was inspired to create Family Felicity. To be a place where I can share with others how I’ve overcome depression, anger, anxiety, and insecurities. It doesn’t mean I don’t have emotions or insecurities that try to derail me from time to time. But I now know how to deal with them in a healthy way. Instead of blowing up at my kids or breaking the top of my glass stove with a pot because of a fit of anger. Yes, I did that.
But I won’t let myself be ashamed of my mistakes, so I’ll let my truth shine – the good, the bad and the ugly. This way I can give hope to others. Because I believe that aside from certain types of clinical depression and other mental illnesses; how we live our life is totally our choice. And if it’s our choice, than we can choose to live a better live if we desire to.
If you you’ve been nodding your head while reading this page, and even if you haven’t, you need to download my FREE e-book. This easy to read, yet super powerful guide – 7 Steps to Shift Your Perspective and Starting Enjoying Your Family and Life More Today promises to give you tools you can apply right now to shift the way you think. That means you can start TODAY enjoying your life more without fixing all the other stuff, just by shifting your perspective. This is life-changing for anyone who struggles with complaining, getting overwhelmed easily, and feelings of depression. Just click to download and get immediate access!
I truly believe, all of us really want to enjoy our lives, but most of us just don’t know how. And when life happens – joy and the right perspective is usually the first to go and the last to return. Leaving our families and our emotions in shambles.
The family for many people has become a painful place to be. And if it weren’t for personally walking through the lessons that I share here in this blog. it would be for me, too. I had to learn the hard way. And I’m still learning and growing today. So let me start by telling you what Family Felicity means …
Family Felicity is defined as great happiness, the joys of heaven, prosperity, the enjoyment of good; blessing, blissfulness. Think about each of those. Don’t you want each of those for yourself and your family?
I believe you do because you’re still reading! 🙂 Well, I want to give you a sneak peak into my latest project. I’m writing a book that teaches on the most profound and foundational step in my transformation. That is learning how to put myself first. I call it being self-ish. Meaning to practice the vital necessity, especially for moms, to put ourselves first; instead of dead last. This allows us to become the best version of ourselves so we can better service those we love. I was for years trying to serve my family and others from an empty soul. It just doesn’t work.
So I want to give you the opportunity to have direct impact on my project so you can inspire me and give me feedback along the way. The book will be called The Self-ish Mom: Trading Mom-Guilt for the Soul-Nourishing Act of Putting Yourself First. I’d love to hear RIGHT NOW what you think about it. So click here to send me a quick email letting me know what you’d like to learn about in this book and what your struggles are in this area. And while you’re there, let me know what topics you’d like to see on this blog. I’m here for you!
What You’ll Find on Family Felicity
But before I go, let me share what other topics I’ll be sharing here on the blog. Other than learning to live a life that is full of joy, I’m truly passionate about teaching others about their purpose and how it relates to their children and the family unit as a whole. I talk a lot about how to find your purpose, how to discover the true greatness in your child, and how to operate in your gifts and talents. These can be found in the Purpose-Filled Family category.
As it relates to living in your purpose, I write about how to actually turn your gifts and talents into an actual business. My husband and I have been full-time entrepreneurs for over 10 years now and it’s been quite a ride. A rather bumpy one I’ll say. But through all the extreme ups, downs, and craziness – I wouldn’t trade this life for any other. But I’ll be honest, I wish I had someone who could have taken me by the hand and helped me to avoid many of the pitfalls we encountered along the way. So you’ll find content specifically geared toward living the creative/entrepreneur life in the Business-Minded Family category.
And finally, learning how to stop over-complicating my life was a HUGE breakthrough for me. In the Family Living Simple category, you’ll learn tips, tricks, and hacks for making your life and family more organized and simple.
And Just in Case you Wanted to Know
(Some Random Things about Me):
- I’m totally in love with Jesus who is my savior and my EVERYTHING. And the reason I do what I do. And the reason I can do what I do.
- Most of the wisdom I’ve learned and teach comes from the Word of God. It has final authority and is the basis
for my life.
- I have 3 totally awesome, gorgeous, extremely intelligent, and always loving children. (I’m also totally biased)
- My husband Reggie and I have been committed to each other since we were teenagers and married for 15 years. He is the BEST husband on the planet who adores me and refuses to leave my side. (Still totally biased.)
am addicted tolove coffee.
- I’ve been a full-time work-from-home mom for over ten years, so I know what crazy looks like.
- I homeschooled my girls for 2 years and it was a great experience that I’ll always treasure.
- I used to be a coupon-er but stopped because I started loosing control. 😉 Saving large amounts of money makes me a little loopy.
- But since I’m still addicted to the rush of saving money; I now do so my shopping for my kid’s clothes on sale, clearance, and really awesome consignment shops. I save tons!
- I sometimes do my grocery shopping alone and use it as “Me Time” as I stroll through the store sipping my latte. Don’t judge me.
- I’m passionate about purpose and teaching others how to find and operate in their purpose.
- I’m passionate about the One who gave me purpose.
- I love watching action and crime shows. There’s something about finding who dun it.
- Jalapeno kettle-cooked potato chips are my current dietary weakness.
- I love to hear from my readers so please let your thoughts and comments! This is a community where we get to learn from each other.
Since, I don’t want you to miss a single thing, just enter your name and email address below to get all the latest posts and plenty of great content that’s exclusively set only to my subscribers. So don’t miss out and see you soon!
GET INSTANT ACCESS TO MY LIBRARY OF FREE PRINTABLES!
Sign up to get Exclusive "Subscriber-Only" Access to ALL of our FREE Printable Resources!